Applications are invited for admission to July 2022 semester in the following programmes:
M Tech: Aerospace Engineering * Biological Sciences & Bio engineering * Chemical Engineering * Civil Engineering * Cybersecurity * Computer Science & Engineering * Earth Sciences * Electrical Engineering * Industrial and Management Engineering * Materials Science & Engineering * Materials Science * Mechanical Engineering * Photonics Science and Engineering * Sustainable Energy Engineering * Space Science and Astronomy
MS (BY RESEARCH): Aerospace Engineering * Civil Engineering (Environmental Engineering, Geoinformatics and Structural Engineering) * Chemical Engineering * Cybersecurity * Computer Science & Engineering * Cognitive Science * Electrical Engineering * Mechanical Engineering * Photonics Science & Engineering * Sustainable Energy Engineering
PhD: Aerospace Engineering * Biological Sciences & Bio engineering * Chemical Engineering * Civil Engineering * Computer Science & Engineering * Earth Sciences * Electrical Engineering * Industrial and Management Engineering * Materials Science & Engineering * Materials Science * Mechanical Engineering * Photonics Science and Engineering * Sustainable Energy Engineering * Chemistry * Cognitive Science * Economic Sciences * Earth Sciences * Mathematics * Statistics * Physics * Space Science and Astronomy
PhD (HUMANITIES & SOCIAL SCIENCES): English (Literature, Linguistics & ELT) * Fine Arts * Philosophy * Psychology * Sociology
Masters of Design & PhD (Design)
Diploma of IIT (DIIT) Programme: The DIIT programme is being offered in three areas under the Geoinformatics specialization (For details, see the FAQs on DIIT):
* Geodesy * Navigation and Mapping * Remote Sensing and GIS.
Detailed information on PG programmes offered at IIT Kanpur is available at:
- Reservations [EWS/SC/ST/OBC(NCL)/DAP] shall apply as per Government of India (GoI) norms.
- For Application Form, Reference Letter Form, Information Brochure, Eligibility Criteria and other relevant details, please visit:
- Students who are in final year of their programme (likely to finish the programme by July 15, 2022) may also apply and secure provisional admission for the session commencing in July, 2022 (2022-23-I Semester).
- Financial support (Institute Assistantship/Scholarship) will be provided to non-sponsored PhD, MTech and MS (By Research) students.
- Those employed in industry or a college/university/institute may apply for admission as sponsored, external or part-time candidates. Further information on these categories of admissions is available at: Important Links
Important Links Apply Online
Click the link for the concerned department to get detailed information about the department.
Details on the admission for candidates in Foreign Nationals category can be found at: Click Here
How To Apply
- The online applications portal (for Indian Nationals only) will be available from March 22 (Tuesday), 12:00 noon to April 13 (Wednesday), 12:00 noon, Go to "Important Links".
- Indian Nationals can apply only through online mode of application. Foreign Nationals can apply only through offline mode. The last date for receiving applications in both offline and online modes is April 13 (Wednesday), 12:00 noon
- Offline Application Form (for Foreign Nationals and for Indian Nationals with qualifying degree from Universities abroad) (common form for PhD, MTech and MS (By Research)) can be downloaded from: Important Links
- PhD applicants must arrange for two letters of reference as well. For this purpose, the names of the referees along with their e-mail addresses are to be provided by the candidate at the online applications portal. The referees will be contacted electronically through an auto generated mail with a request to submit their recommendations online.
- MTech Admissions: All the admission offers to GATE qualified-candidates will be displayed on the Common Offer AcceptancePortal (COAP). Candidates must register at the COAP portal for viewing and accepting their offers. Registration on COAP portal is free. Candidates are advised to download COAP 2022 information brochure and follow the guidelines (https://coap.iitb.ac.in/) for participation. For these candidates, COAP Registration number is mandatory for applying at the IIT Kanpur Admission Portal. The offers to candidates who have not qualified GATE will be communicated directly to the candidates by the department via E-mail.
- The application fee is Rs.500 for General, EWS, OBC and OBC-NCL candidates and Rs.250 for SC/ST and all DAP candidates. The application fee is waived for candidates in the 'Foreign National' category.
- Separate application form is to be filled for each programme.