Advertisement Number: P.Rect./IP/DOAD/2020/54
Applications are invited for the following temporary & contractual post to work as Project Associate in the project "FMS operations in CC". The details of the project, position and required qualification and experience of applicant are given below:
About the Project:
This is an Institute funded project to provide Facility Management Services to Computer Labs in the New Core Building and Drawing Hall.
Please note that the labs operate from 8AM to 2AM on all days including Saturdays and Sundays except on some selected holidays as declared. Each lab would have a technical person deployed to look after the software maintenance, ensure proper usage of the lab and do other activities as instructed by the lab in-charge. The selected persons would be required to work in day shift (8AM to 5PM) or night shift (5PM to 2AM).
Post: Project Associate
Minimum Qualification: B. Tech (CS/IT/EEE/EC) or M.Sc. (CS/IT).
Desirable Qualification and Experience:
- Over 18 Months of IT experience.
- Knowledge of computer hardware and networking.
- Update/modify/install software on large number of computers in short time via cloning.
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux installation.
- Technical Expertise in Software & Hardware Troubleshooting.
Nature of work:
The candidate's profile along with tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Installation, upgrade, support and troubleshooting of various operating systems like windows and Linux.
- Installation and maintenance of specialized software like AutoCAD, Aspen, EViews, MATLAB, STATA, SPSS.
- Should be open to learning.
- To cater to sudden requirement of installation of any software or patch on large number of computers.
- Resolving problems of Faculty, Staff and Students regarding operating system and application software.
- Creation of "Golden Image" for cloning on all Lab computers.
Salary: Rs. 18000-1500-45000/- per month based on qualification and experience
Duration of appointment: one year (extendible, on yearly basis, based on performance)
Number of positions: Three (3)
The post is purely temporary, and for the duration of one year. Interested candidates are requested to apply with CV containing complete details of education and experience. If shortlisted, copies of the relevant certificates will be required, and will be checked against original certificates at the time of interview.
The institute reserves the right to fix suitable criteria for short listing of eligible candidates. Only the shortlisted candidates will be called for the interview (may be on video conference). No TA/DA will be paid for attending the test/interview.
Application giving full details of qualification and experience with copies of relevant certificates may be submitted by 7 December, 2020 (05:00PM) addressed to:
Dean of Digital Infrastructure & Automation
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur,
Kanpur-208 016 UP