Advertisement Number: PRect/IP/DOAD/2020/10
Applications are invited for the following temporary & contractual post to work as Project Associate in the project "FMS operations in CC". The details of the project, position and required qualification and experience of applicant are given below:
About the Project:
This is an Institute funded project to provide Facility Management Services to Computer Labs in the New Core Building and Drawing Hall. the labs operate from 8AM to 2AM (Shift-01: 08 AM to 05PM and Shift-02: 05 PM to 02 AM) on all days including Saturdays and Sundays except on some selected holidays as declared. Each lab would have a technical person deployed to look after the software maintenance, ensure proper usage of the lab and do other activities as instructed by the lab in-charge.
Post: Project Associate
Minimum Qualification: B. Tech (CS/IT/EEE/EC) or M.Sc. (CS/IT).
Desirable Qualification and Experience:
- Over 18 Months of IT experience.
- Knowledge of computer hardware and networking.
- Update/modify/install software on large number of computers in short time via cloning.
- Knowledge of various Windows and Linux installation.
- Technical Expertise in Software & Hardware Troubleshooting.
Nature of work:
The candidate's profile along with tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Installation, upgrade, support and troubleshooting of various operating systems like windows and Linux
- Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of printers
- Installation and maintenance of specialized software like AutoCAD, Aspen, EViews, MATLAB, STATA, SPSS.
- Should be open to learning
- To carry out emergency instructions (for example, to reboot a machine or shut down a lab) at any hour of the day/night, as and when required
- Attend & resolve day to day problem related to the operating system, network & applications
- Resolving problems of Faculty, Staff and Students regarding operating system and application software
Salary: Rs. 18000-1500-45000/- per month based on qualification and experience
Duration of appointment: one year (extendible, on yearly basis, based on performance)
Number of positions: Three (3)
The post is purely temporary, and for the duration of one year. Interested candidates are requested to apply with CV containing complete details of education and experience. If shortlisted, copies of the relevant certificates will be required, and will be checked against original certificates at the time of interview.
The institute reserves the right to fix suitable criteria for short listing of eligible candidates. Only the shortlisted candidates will be called for the interview. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the test/interview.
Please note that the selected persons would be required to work in day shift (8AM to 5PM) or night shift (5PM to 2AM).
Application giving full details of qualification and experience with copies of relevant certificates and contact details of at least two references may be submitted in sealed envelope by 19 June, 2020 (05:00PM) addressed to:
Dean of Digital Infrastructure & Automation
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur,
Kanpur-208 016 UP