Advertisement Number: P.Rect./IP/DOAD/2019/16
Position: Project Assistant
No. of positions: 1 (One)
Applications are invited for the post of “Project Assistant” in the Project numbered above in the CDAP (Cell for Differently-abled Persons) at IIT Kanpur.
Minimum qualification: Graduate (B.Sc. / B.A. / BCA)
Consolidated Salary range: INR 10800-900-27000
- At least 55% marks in the graduation.
- Sound knowledge of various computer applications (MS-Office, DBMS).
- Preference will be given to candidate having past experience of website maintenance.
- Past experience in working with persons with disabilities / knowledge of assistive technologies such as NVDA would be considered as a plus point.
Work: The candidate’s tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Accommodation form filling, screening and preparation of accommodation letter.
- To prepare the meeting minutes, letters and follow-up actions.
- To manage email account, website and office of the cell.
- Record keeping and database management of the cell.
- To organize the workshops/seminars of the cell.
- To interact with academic departments for providing assistance to specific students in customized ways.
- To interact with teaching labs for providing assistance/accommodations to specific students in predetermined formats.
- To maintain the inventory of the CDAP’s assets of assistive devices, and issue/receive them to/from students. Also to ensure that these devices are regularly maintained.
- To act as an interface between cell and outside world.
- To create accessible content for needy students.
Duration: Appointment will be made initially for one year and can be extended up to three years or till the end of the project whichever is earlier, subject to satisfactory performance. Performance reviews will be held weekly. The appointment can be terminated at any time if found unsatisfactory.
Applications Process: Interested candidates may apply by submitting a detailed resume with copies of all experiences and project details, a cover letter summarizing the experience in relevant technologies and software, copies of degree certificate and grade sheets for all degrees, School final, and Higher Secondary exams. Submission accepted only as hardcopy by postal service to the mailing address: Prof. Y. N. Singh, Chairman CDAP, Dean of Infrastructure & Planning (DoIP) Office, 251 Faculty Building, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur 208016, UP. Please note that if detailed cover letter, copies of grade sheets, certificates are missing, the application will be immediately rejected. Please indicate clearly the Project Number and position being applied for on the envelope. No email applications will be accepted.
Last date of receipt of application: 11 October, 2019 before or at 5 pm.
Tentative date of interview: 14 October 2019.
Contact Person: Prof. Sudhir Kamle, email@example.com, 0512-679-6377