Dr. Manisha B. Padwal
Dr. Manisha B. Padwal is the Visiting Faculty at Indian Institute of Technology, Jammu.
Dr. Manisha B. Padwal completed did her Bachelor in Engineering from Shivaji University, Kolhapur in 2005. She then completed obtained ME in Space Engineering and Rocketry (Rocket Propulsion), BIT Mesra, Ranchi, India in 2007. Dr. Padwal thesis was on Combustion Characteristics of Nano Catalyzed HTPB-AP Based Composite Solid Propellant.She completed earned her PhD in Aerospace Engineering (Propulsion), IIT Kanpur, India in 2015.Their her thesis was on Studies on Atomization and Combustion of Gelled and Ungelled Jet A1 Propellants.
Her research experiences include as a Post-doctoral Fellow in the Faculty of Aerospace Engineering, Technion-Israel Institute of Technology, Israel (December 2016 to September 2018), Post-doctoral Fellow in the Department of Aerospace Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur (August 2015 to February 2016) , Senior Student Research Associate on "Design, Simulation, and Characterization of Pneumatic Spray Nozzle" for BRNS, Mumbai at Department of Aerospace Engineering, IIT Kanpur (December 2012 to March 2013), Senior Project Associate on "Experimental Study of Aerated Liquid Injection into Subsonic Flow" for ARDB, New Delhi at Department of Aerospace Engineering, IIT Kanpur (September 2007 to December 2007).
Dr. Padwal research addresses the challenges and specific problems at the interface of chemical engineering and energy technologies. Her areas of interest include Atomization and Spray, Gel propellants, Green fuels, Combustion of liquid and gel propellants, Metal Combustion, Multiphase flow dynamics, Non-Newtonian Rheology, Computational fluid dynamics and Problems in energy technologies
Achievements and Honors
- INAE Young Engineer Award 2016
- Gandhian Young Technological Innovation (GYTI) Award 2016
- SIIC Student Innovation Award 2015
- Post-doctoral fellowship for the outstanding researchers from China and India by the planning and budgeting committee (PBC) of the Israel Council for Higher Education in Technion's Faculty of Aerospace Engineering (October 2016-September 2018).
- Institute fellowship for Post-doctoral Research at Indian Institute of Technology IIT Kanpur (August 2015 to February 2016).
- Teaching Assistantship of Indian Institute of Technology IIT Kanpur for PhD (January 2008-December 2012)
- Young Associate of Indian National Academy of Engineering (INAE)
- Indian Society for Heat and Mass Transfer (ISHMT), Membership Number: 1032