Dr. Neeraj Kayal
Dr. Neeraj Kayal is an Indian Computer Scientist. He is currently a researcher at Microsoft Research Lab, Bangalore. His research interest lies in problems related to or at the intersection of Computational Complexity and Algebra, Number Theory and Geometry.
Dr. Kayal did his B.Tech and PhD in Computer Science and Engineering from IIT Kanpur in 2002 and 2007 respectively .In 2002, Dr. Neeraj Kayal ,Prof.Manindra Agrawal and Dr. Nitin Saxena proposed the AKS Primality Test, which attracted worldwide attention, including an article in the New York Times. He did postdoctoral research at the Institute for Advanced Study in Princeton and at Rutgers University. Dr. Neeraj Kayal was conferred with the Distinguished Alumnus Award, 2003 from IIT Kanpur
Achievements and Honors
- Awarded Infosys Prize 2021 in Mathematical Sciences for his outstanding
contributions to Computational Complexity.
- Awarded the Young Scientist Award in 2012 from the Indian National
Science Academy (INSA).
- Recipient of 2006 Fulkerson Prize.
- Recipient of 2006 Godel Prize.
- Recipient of the Distinguished Alumnus Award, 2003 by IIT Kanpur.