Dr. Prabhakar Goel
Dr. Prabhakar Goel, a researcher, an entrepreneur, and a businessman, is well-known for having developed the PODEM Automatic test pattern generation and Verilog hardware description language
Dr. Goel did his B.Tech in Electrical Engineering in 1970 and was awarded the Presidentís Gold Medal of his batch by IIT Kanpur. He went on to pursue a PhD in Electrical Engineering from Carnegie Mellon University, USA in 1974. After completing his doctorate, Dr. Goel joined IBM's EDA organization where he developed PODEM Automatic test pattern generation & Verilog hardware description language, one of his most famous works. He was the winner of the 2003 IEEE Industrial Pioneer Award for his work on design modeling and design verification through Verilog and Verilog-based design.
Achievements and Honors
- Presidentís Gold Medalist at IIT K
- Recipient of IEEE Industrial Pioneer Award for his work on design modeling and design verification through Verilog and Verilog-based design, 2003.
Contributions to IITK
- Prabhu Goel Research Centre For Computer & Internet Security
- Poonam and Prabhu Goel Chair(Dept. Of CSE)
- Poonam & Prabhu Goel Foundation
- Poonam & Prabhu Goel Chair open to all
- Research & Outreach Activities in Earthquake Engineering
- Research & Outreach Activities in Solar Energy
- UAV Project
- Designing and Development of an IC
- V Rajaraman Scholarship