Mr. Jagjeet Singh Bindra
Mr.Jagjeet Singh Bindra is on the board of Lyondell Basell Industries NV and HPCL-Mittal Energy Ltd. He is also the director of Edison International and Southern California Edison- one of the United States' largest electric utilities.
Mr. Singh did his B.Tech in Chemical Engineering from IIT Kanpur in 1969. He earned his master's degree in Chemical Engineering from the University of Washington in Seattle, WA in 1970. Mr.Bindra also has an M.B.A. (honors) from St. Mary's College in Moraga, California. He is a "Distinguished Alumnus" of the University of Washington, College of Engineering, as well as of Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur.
Before joining Edison, Mr. Bindra served as president of Chevron Global Manufacturing from 2004 - 2009, where he was instrumental in leading the company's worldwide manufacturing operations, including those of 19 refineries. His entire career at Chevron spanned more than three decades and he started with his work there as a research engineer and attained a series of promotions with increasing levels of leadership.
Apart from his positions with Edison, Mr. Bindra is on the board of directors of Larsen & Toubro Limited, India; Transfield Services Limited, Australia and Sriya Innovations Inc., Kennesaw, Georgia; and chairs the board of directors at the IIT Kanpur Foundation.
Achievements and Honors
- Distinguished Alumnus of University of Washington and IIT Kanpur.
Contributions to IITK
- Mr. & Mrs. Gian Singh Bindra Chair.
- Chevron Corporation Chair.
- Foundation for Chemical Eng. Department towards departmental excellence.
- Centre for Development of soft skill.
- Department of Chemical Engineering Modernization of the Unit Operations Laboratory (UOL) and the Workshop Facility.
- Student Conferences in Chemical Engineering.
- Enable Online Education