Prof. Anantha S. Ramakrishna
Prof. Anantha S. Ramakrishna is a professor of physics at IIT Kanpur specializing in optics and condensed matter physics. He was awarded the Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize for Science and Technology in the physical sciences category in 2016. He joined CSIR-Central Scientific Instruments Organization (CSIO), Chandigarh as a Director in 2020.
Prof. Ramakrishna obtained M.Sc. degree in Physics from IIT Kanpur in 1995 and subsequently earned his doctorate from Raman Research Institute, Bangalore, in 2001. He spent two years in Imperial College, London, as a postdoctoral researcher and joined IIT Kanpur as an assistant professor in 2003, where he now holds the position of a full professor.
Achievements and Honors
- Fellow, National Academy of Sciences, India, 2021
- Recipient of Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize, 2016
- Swarnajayanti Fellowship, Department of Science and Technology, India, 2012.
- P.K. Kelkar Research Fellow, IIT Kanpur, 2009-2012.
- Young Affiliate, Third World Academy of Sciences, 2007-2012.
- Young Scientist Medal, Indian National Science Academy, Delhi, 2007.
- Young Scientist, Indian Academy of Science, Bangalore, 2004-2007.