Prof. Kamesh Subbarao
Dr. Kamesh Subbarao is a Professor and Director in the Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering Department of the Aerospace Systems Laboratory (ASL) at The University of Texas at Arlington (UTA). He has been associated with the University since 2003.
Prof. Subbarao did his B.Tech in Aerospace Engineering in 1993 from IIT Kanpur. Subsequently, he obtained his ME from the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore in 1995. He then went on to complete his Ph.D. from Texas A & M University, College Station, TX, the USA in 1998. Prof. Subbarao started his career as a Scientist in DRDO Lab, Hyderabad in 1995 where he developed the 6DOF models and simulation for a strategic missile. He later went on to serve as the Scientist at National Aerospace Laboratories, Bangalore from 1996 to 1998. Prof. Subbarao later started working as an Applications Developer at The MathWorks Inc. where he developed softwares for control system synthesis and analysis. From 2012-2013, he worked as a Consultant at General Electric - John F Welch Technology Centre.
In his illustrious career, Prof. Subbarao has been bestowed with various honors, such as a Fellow of the Royal Aeronautical Society (FRAeS), and the American Astronautical Society, Associate Fellow of AIAA, and Senior Member of IEEE, and ASME.
Achievements and Honors
- Fellow, American Astronautical Society, 2020.
- President's Award for Excellence in Teaching (Tenured Faculty), Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, 2019.
- President's Award for Excellence in Teaching (Tenured Faculty), College of Engineering, 2019.
- President's Award for Excellence in Teaching (Tenured Faculty), Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, 2018.
- Lockheed Martin Excellence in Teaching Award, Lockheed Martin Company, 2016.
- Provost's Research Excellence Award, UT Arlington, 2011
- Phi Kappa Phi Recognized Professor, Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi, 2010.
- Best Presentation Award in Session, American Control Conference, Seattle, WA, USA, 2008.
- Best Paper of the Conference Award sponsored by IEEE International Symposium on Computational Intelligence in Robotics and Automation, 2007.
- AIAA Foundation Model Reference Adaptive Control Award sponsored by AIAA, 2001.