Prof. Pradyut Ghosh
Dr. Pradyut Ghosh is an Indian inorganic chemist and a professor at the Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science, Kolkata . He is known for his studies on chemical sensing of anions, interlocked molecules and self-assembly.
Prof.Pradyut Ghosh obtained his PhD in chemistry from IIT Kanpur in 1998. He later spent 2 years as a postdoctoral fellow at Texas A&M University and 1 year as an Alexander von Humboldt Fellow at University of Bonn, Germany. Upon his return to India in 2000, he joined Central Salt Marine Chemicals Research Institute, Bhavnagar and then later moved to Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science, Kolkata, as an Associate Professor. He is now a Senior Professor in the Department of Inorganic Chemistry at IACS. His research interests are in the fields of recognition and chemical sensing of anions, interlocked molecules and self-assembly.
Achievements and Honors
- Fellow of the Indian Academy of Sciences, 2016.
- Shanti Swaroop Bhatnagar Prize, Govt. of India, 2015.
- Bronze Medal of the Chemical Research Society of India, 2012.
- Swarnajayanthi Fellowship, Department of Science and Technology, 2009.
- The B. M. Birla Science Prize in Chemical Sciences, 2009.
- Young Scientist Award of the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, 2004.
- Alexander von Humboldt Fellowship, 2000
- Young Scientist Award of the Indian Science Congress Association, 1998.