Prof. Spenta R. Wadia
Prof.Spenta R. Wadia is an Indian theoretical physicist working in string theory and quantum field theory. He is currently a Distinguished Professor at Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai and the Founding Director of the International Centre for Theoretical Sciences (ICTS).
Prof. Spenta Wadia did his bachelors from St. Xavier's College, Bombay and masters from IIT Kanpur in 1973. He earned his doctorate from City College of City University of New York in 1978 and went on to work as a research fellow and then as a staff scientist at University of Chicago from 1978-82. In 1982, he moved to the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research. Prof. Wadia's main research interests are in the fields of quantum field theory, statistical mechanics, string theory and quantum gravity. His other scientific interests are in complex systems including cross-disciplinary biology.
Achievements and Honors
- Kavli Institute of Theoretical Physics, Simons Distinguished Visiting Scientist, University of California, 2018-2019.
- TIFR Alumni Association Excellence Award, 2016.
- Distinguished Alumnus, St. Xavier's College, Bombay University, 2009
- J. C. Bose National Fellowship, India, 2006-2011; 2011-16
- The World Academy of Sciences, Physics Prize, Italy, 2004.
- Steven Weinberg Prize, International Centre for Theoretical Physics, Italy, 1995.