Prof. Sudeshna Sinha
Prof. Sudeshna Sinha is a professor at the Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Mohali. She primarily works in the area of nonlinear physics. She is one of the inventors of a revolutionary computing technique (Chaos computing) that is being developed commercially by the US based company Chaologix. She is a recipient of several prestigious memberships and awards including the B.M. Birla Science prize that is awarded to Indian scientists, below 40, for their
outstanding original contributions in respective fields
Prof. Sinha completed her five-year integrated master's in Chemistry at IIT Kanpur in 1985. She then joined the PhD program at the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai, and completed it in 1990. From June 1994 to August 1996, she served as a reader at the Indian Institute of Astrophysics, Bangalore. Following it, she began her stint at the Institute of Mathematical Sciences, Chennai, which lasted till 2011. From April 2010 onwards, she has been serving as a professor at IISER Mohali.
Achievements and Honors
- Elected Fellow, The World Academy of Sciences (TWAS), 2018..
- J.C. Bose National Fellowship, 2015.
- Elected Fellow, Indian National Science Academy, New Delhi, 2014.
- Elected Fellow, Indian Academy of Sciences, Bangalore, 2010.
- B.M. Birla Prize for Physics, 1998.
- Associate Member, International Centre for Theoretical Physics, Trieste, Italy, 1995-2000.