Position: Project Engineer
No. of positions: 1
Applications are invited for the temparary and contractual posts of “Project Engineer” in the Project numbered MCIT/CS /2016257 in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at IIT Kanpur.
For Project Engineers:
- B. Tech in Computer Science / Electrical & Electronics / Electronics & Communication or related disciplines with minimum 3 years of industrial/research experience
- M. Tech in Computer Science / Electrical & Electronics / Electronics & Communication or related discipline
- At least 60% marks in academics
- Experience and Knowledge in Formal Methods, Formal Verification and Protocol Verification
- Hands on Experience in Static Analysis of Code
- Knowledge Network Protocol Stack Implementations such as SSL/TLS
- Knowledge of Cyber Security
- Fluency in English language to make presentations and report writing
Consolidated Salary range: INR 22000 - 2200 - 44000.
Work: The candidate’s tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Static Analysis of Implementation of Security Protocols and Finding Vulnerabilities
- Security Hardening insecure implementations of Protocol Stack
- Formal Verification, Modeling, and Proving Security Properties of Security Software
- Development of new Security Protocols and Implementation
- Prepare presentations and reports.
- Presentation of work at meetings and conferences
Working hours: 8:30 am to 6 pm (Monday to Saturday).
Duration: Appointment will be made initially for one year and can be extended up to five years or till the end of the project whichever is earlier, subject to satisfactory performance. Performance reviews will be held weekly. The appointment can be terminated at any time if found unsatisfactory.
Applications Process: Interested candidates may apply by submitting a detailed resume with copies of all experiences and project details, a cover letter summarizing the experience in relevant technologies and software, copies of degree certificate and grade sheets for all 4 years of B. Tech, School final, and Higher Secondary exams. Submission accepted only as hardcopy by postal service to the mailing address: Prof. Sandeep K. Shukla, Head, Computer Science and Engineering Department, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur 208016, UP. Please note that if detailed cover letter, copies of grade sheets, certificates are missing, the application will be immediately rejected. Please indicate clearly on the envelop the project number and the position applied for.
Last date of receipt of application: 20 June 2018, before or at 5 pm.
Tentative date of interview: June 27, 2018.
Contact Person: Prof. Sandeep K. Shukla, Computer Science & Engineering Department, IIT Kanpur