Advertisement Number: P.Rect./R&D/2019/243
Applications are invited for one post of Senior Project Mechanic. This position will be up to March 21, 2021 and purely temporary.
About the project: The Department of Telecommunications (DoT) has funded 5G testbed project to encourage Indian start-ups and the industry to take an early lead in 5G technology. The goal of the project is to build a testbed that closely resembles a real-world 5G deployment. The project will deliver an end-to-end 5G testbed comprising of 5G BS and UE nodes that support enhanced mobile broadband (eMBB), Ultra low latency communication (URLLC) and massive MTC including NB IoT services. This testbed could become a basis for many commercial deployments.
What is involved?
This involves designing and fabricating multiple high-end components such as baseband processing units, remote radio heads, RF modules, and baseband algorithms and software.
Who is involved?
Top Indian Institutes and start-ups such as IITK, IITD, IIT M, IISc, Sameer, and CEWiT are involved in this project. Many private companies are also a part of this effort.
Project no.: DOT/EE/2017508
Post: Senior Project Mechanic
Number of Post: One
Salary range: 10800-900-27000
- 3 years Engg. Diploma + 1 year of relevant experience
- At least diploma in electronics or allied stream.
- Experience in work/ rework and be able to solder component up to 0402 is a must
- Hands-on experience with PCB assembly is must
- Hands-on experience with soldering and crimping tools
- Knowledge of basics of electronic circuits and components
- Ability to read schematics
- Knowledge of test equipment such as power supplies, oscilloscopes, multi meters etc.
- Basic computer skill including MS-Word and MS-Excel
- Soldering of through-hole and SMD components
- Multilayer PCB board assembly including work and rework
- To interpret diagrams and schematics to effectively test, troubleshoot, fault isolate and repair electronic boards
- Maintain clean work bench
Instructions to apply:
Please send your resume on or before July 25th, 2019 to the below given mail id. Please [mention the post in the subject line of the email].
Department of Electrical Engineering
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur