Advertisement Number: P.Rect./R&D/2019/174
Applications are invited for a post of 'Technician' in a project entitled " Designing and developing a desktop Micro Wire-ECM Machine ". The duration of the appointment will be initially for a period of six months which may be extended depending upon the requirement. The appointment is purely temporary and on contractual basis.
Project no.: DST/ME/2018239
Salary: INR 20,000 per month
Minimum qualifications: 3-year diploma + 4 years of experience or fresh B. Tech degree in ME/CHE/AE from CFTI with minimum 75% final marks or 7.5 CPI/CGPA.
Desirable Qualification / Experience:
- Should have good fundamental knowledge of different manufacturing (conventional and non-conventional) processes.
- Should have experience of working on simulation software such as COMSOL Multiphysics, Ansys, Solid works, and Pro-E.
- Should have fundamental knowledge of writing codes on MATLAB and finite element techniques.
- Experience in Documentation (Functional & Technical)
- Should have High Proficiency in English communication.
- The role requires strong IT skills as well as administrative skills.
- To prepare the solid models of the machine and perform different tests based on requirements.
- To develop simulation models of manufacturing processes on finite element-based simulation software (ex. COMSOL Multiphysics).
- Maintain linkages with PIs of IIT Kanpur and DST team to provide access to funding and technological know-how.
- Coordinate Project review meetings and maintain records / minutes.
- Liaison with R&D IIT Kanpur, reporting and preparing periodical reports
- To maintain a comprehensive database of the past and on-going projects on the institute repository and ensure version control with the PIs.
Interested candidates may send their application on plain paper including the details of complete professional academic record (attach copies of certificates) and work experience to the undersigned by 7th June, 2019. A Soft copy of the same may also be sent by e-mail (email@example.com). No TADA will be paid for attending the interview. The applicant must also provide addresses (including E-mail Ids) of referees who can be contacted.
Dr. J. Ramkumar
Department of Mechanical Engineering
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur — 208016