Advertisement Number: P.Rect./R&D/2020/70
Applications are invited for one post of Project Technician in a SERB-sponsored project titled “Experimental and numerical investigation into the longitudinal compressive failure of carbon fibre reinforced composites” at the Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Kanpur under the supervision of the undersigned.
Name of the Post: Project Technician
Salary Range: Rs.14400-1200-36000 per month consolidated.
(The position is temporary and the appointment will be made initially for one year (based on performance extendable to two years or end of the project, whichever is earlier).
Number of position: One (01)
- B. Sc. + 4 years of relevant experience Or
- 3 years of Engg. Diploma + 4 years of relevant experience Or
- High School + ITI + 9 years of relevant experience
- Hands-on experience in manufacturing carbon and glass fibre laminates which includes handling prepregs, manual layup process, vacuum bagging, operating autoclave or hot press for curing composite panels etc.
- Experience with machining carbon and glass fibre panels to make experimental specimens.
- Experience of providing support in lab experiments. The lab experiments would involve mechanical testing of composite specimens in Universal Testing Machines.
- Experience of maintenance and operation of lab. Knowledge of MS-Office
tools, good experience in handling and maintaining stock ledger.
Last Date for Application: 06th March, 2020.
The department reserves the right to fix suitable criteria for
short-listing of eligible candidates satisfying qualifications and
experience. Only short-listed candidates will accordingly be called for
interview. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
Interested candidates may send their application in one consolidated pdf
file including a brief biodata (of not more than two page) and scanned
copies of the original academic and experience certificates to the
undersigned through e-mail on or before 06 March, 2020. The candidates
should mention the desired skills, if any, in the biodata.
Dr. Supratik Mukhopadhyay
Department of Mechanical Engineering
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
Kanpur 208016, India