- 'Imperialism of the Twenty-First Century' - A Review. Research Unit in Political Economy, Oct-2018.
- Another World Is Possible? Economic & Political Weekly, XLVI, 33 August 13 - August 19, 2011. Review of: Globalisation and the Prospects for Critical Reflection edited by Jung Min Choi and John W Murphy (Delhi: Aakar Books), 2009; pp xvi + 286, Rs 595.
- A Window to Reality, Economic & Political Weekly, XLVI, 26 & 27, June 25, 2011. Review of: Sanhati Selections 2011: An Anthology in Solidarity with People’s Struggles, Rs 30. ‘Sovereign Are the People’: A Diary in Stormy Times, selections from the Sanhati columns by Dipanjan Rai Chaudhuri, Kolkata, 2010.
- A Skewed Global Order, Economic & Political Weekly, XLIII, 38, Sep. 20, 2008. Review of: Globalisation and Development by Sunanda Sen (National Book Trust, India, New Delhi, 2007).
- Critiquing Globalisation, Economic & Political Weekly, XLII, 29, July 21, 2007. Review of: Questioning Globalization by Kavaljit Singh (Delhi: Madhyam Books, & London and New York: Zed Books, 2005).
- Making the Impossible Possible, Economic & Political Weekly, XLI, 31, 3407-3409, 2006. Review of: Understanding the Venezuelan Revolution: Hugo Chavez Talks to Marta Harnecker, translated by Chesa Boudin (New Delhi: Daanish Books, in association with New York: Monthly Review Press, 2005).
- Examining the Origins and Nature of Corporations, Indian Journal of Labour Economics, 2005. Review of: Organizing America: Wealth, power, and the origins of corporate capitalism by Charles Perrow (Princeton: Princeton University Press and Oxford, 2002).
- Democracy and Workplace in Eastern Europe, Economic & Political Weekly, June 30 – July 6, 2001, 2349-2351. Review of: Transformation at Work in the New Market Economies of Central Eastern Europe, Anna Pollert (London: Sage, 1999).
- Work: Then and Now, Economic & Political Weekly, July 29, 2000, 2730-2732. Review of: The Corrosion of Character: The Personal Consequences of Work in the New Capitalism by Richard Sennett (New York: W W Norton and Company, 1998).