BYE - LAWS
ZONAL EXECUTIVE COUNCIL (ZEC)
To promote the objectives of the Academy and for its effective functioning in various parts of the country the EC may identify appropriate ‘zones’ depending upon the size of its membership in that geographical area. The activities within each such zone shall be managed by a Zonal Executive Committee which shall comprise the following:
FUNCTIONS OF ZEC :
- Zonal President 1
- Zonal Secretary 1
- Members As required by the zone
ELECTION PROCEDURE FOR EC :
- Each Zonal Executive Committee shall carry out its activities in accordance with the objectives of the
Academy and will assist the EC in effective functioning.
- The Zonal President shall preside over all the zonal meetings and shall provide guidance and direction for furthering the aims and objectives of the
- The zonal Secretary will have administrative charge of the zonal office. He shall be responsible for the maintenance of the zonal office including routine correspondence and the preparation, maintenance and maintenance of the zonal funds in accordance with the directives from the Executive Council.
- The EC in office will appoint an Election Officer from amongst its members to conduct elections for the vacant positions of the EC and zonal executive committee.
- The General Secretary shall invite nominations for elections to various vacant positions of the EC on the prescribed form by the end of August and the election process shall be completed by the end of November every year.
- The right to vote and hold office shall be restricted to the Members, Associate Fellows and Fellows. The Zonal Executive Committee shall consist of and be elected by the Members, Associate Fellows and Fellows in that zone.
- Election shall be held through postal ballot. Any member of the General Body will be considered for nomination to only one post. The results will be declared on the basis of a simple majority. In the case of a tie, the EC can take the final decision.
- In the very first year, the first EC shall be nominated by the founding members. It shall be hold office till the
Academy becomes well established and recognized (say about ten years from the date of registration) During this period appropriate charges in its membership can be made by the President if and when required. The President may invite members to join the first EC for effective functioning of the
- The next EC shall be formed as per the constitution and bye-laws.
- ZEC elections will also be carried out in the manner described above for the EC.
The Executive Committee in its meeting held on September
17, 2011, modified the present structure of membership fee as follows:
Annual membership fee:
Rs. 500 (Indian)
/ U.S. $50 (Foreign)
Life Membership fee:
(Indian) / U.S. $300 (Foreign)
Student Membership fee (Only Annual):
Rs. 200 (Indian)
/ U.S. $20 (Foreign)
Rs. 20,000 (Indian) / U.S. $2000 (Foreign)
All members, Associate Fellows and Fellows are entitled to participate in elections and in the meetings of the
Academy. They will receive the Bulletin of the Academy free of charge. The Student Members/Members/Associate Fellows/Fellows shall be entitled to receive other publications of the
Academy on concessional rates as decided by the EC.
AWARD OF FELLOWSHIP :
Any Fellow of the Academy in good standing may nominate persons with outstanding achievements in the area of mathematical modeling/computer simulation for the award of the
Academy’s fellowship. These nominations will be scrutinized and recommended to EC for approval by a ‘Committee of Fellows’ that shall be constituted by the EC from time to time. The methodology to be used for the award of ‘Fellowship’ may be initiated by first EC to elect the first set of Fellows.
SCRUTINY/ APPROVAL OF MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION :
The EC shall scrutinize and approve the applications for all categories of membership as per the provisions of the Constitution and shall have the right to reject any application without stating reasons there for.