Career Opportunities at Department of Sustainable Energy Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
Applications are invited from Indian and foreign nationals with excellent academic and research record for full-time positions of Professor, Associate Professor and Assistant Professor to carry out teaching and research in alternative, clean, and futuristic energy technologies and climate studies with expertise in either of materials, devices, systems, processes, modeling, integration, economics and policy.
Department's priority areas
- Generation: Next-generation solar photovoltaics, solar thermal, fuel cells, wind, hydro, tidal, and green hydrogen.
- Storage: Batteries and supercapacitors, hydrogen and transport, and carbon sequestration.
- Conversion: CO2 to fuels, waste to energy, and thermal energy systems.
- System integration: Renewable-based power systems, smart-grid, micro-grid, electric vehicles, control systems, and optimization.
- Energy and climate policy: Energy economics, modeling, and transition; circular economy; decarbonization; climate modeling, resilience, and adaptation.
- Energy and built-environment: Energy efficiency, sustainability, resilience, and climate adaptability; net-zero and smart buildings.
We currently offer Masters' and Ph.D. programs in Sustainable Energy Engineering, and will soon start a Bachelors' program.
Facilities and support:
- Extensive laboratory facilities with advanced state-of-the-art equipment.
- Generous start-up package for initiating research, a relocation allowance, and a top-up salary of 25,000 per month (for the first three years) to all new faculty members.
- Lush green campus with excellent flora and fauna. On-campus facilities include house maintenance support, primary healthcare, schools up to 12th standard, children's day-care, extensive sports facilities, an Olympic size swimming pool, banks, ATMs, a post office, wireless internet throughout the campus, cafes, restaurants, and a shopping complex to meet daily needs.
- The campus is located on GT Road and is easily accessible from Lucknow (90 km, ~2 hr) and Kanpur airports (30 km) as well as Kanpur railway station (20 km).
- PhD from a reputed institute with an undergraduate degree in an appropriate area of engineering or science.
- First class (or equivalent) in all degrees.
- Proven research record with high-quality researchoutput.
In addition, for:
Associate Professor : Associate professor: 6 years of teaching/research/industrial experience, of which at least three years should be at the level of Assistant Professor or equivalent.
Assistant Professor : Assistant professor: For a fresh Ph.D., the position will be on a contract-basis for the first three years, and will be regularized afterward. Regular appointments can be made for those with three or more years of teaching/research/industrial experience.
For more information please visit the department website at: https://www.iitk.ac.in/see
Apply online at: http://www.iitk.ac.in/dofa