- B.Tech-M.Tech, IIT Kanpur, 2010.
- PhD, Cornell University, 2016.
- Post-doc, University of Wisconsin Madison, 2016-17.
Addition of colloids (1 nm – 1000 nm) to polymeric materials such as polymer melts, block copolymers, liquid crystals etc., leads to a variety of novel properties in synthesized nanocomposites.
Primary focus of my research group is to experimentally investigate the interplay of interactions of colloids with polymeric hosts on the fundamental properties (structural and dynamics) of such composites, including their phase behavior, rheology and colloidal diffusion.
We are also interested in novel potential applications of such hybrid materials in applications such as energy devices, photonics, bio-medicines etc.
- INAE Young Engineer Award, (2020), Indian National Academy of Engineering
- Early Career Research Award, (2019-2022), Science and Engineering Research Board, Government of India
- Ramanujan Fellowship, (2017-2022), Science and Engineering Research Board, Government of India
- Outstanding Graduate Teaching Assistant, (2016), Robert Frederick Smith School of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, Cornell University
- McMullen Fellowship, (2012), Robert Frederick Smith School of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, Cornell University
- Academic Excellence, (2009), Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kanpur
- Academic Excellence, (2008), Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kanpur
- Manager, Reliance Industries Limited, Jamnagar, Gujarat, India (Jul.2010 – Jul.2012)
- B. Ranjan Si, P. Patel, and R. Mangal, Langmuir (just accepted), (2020),Self-Propelled Janus Colloids in Shear Flow.
- B. Chandra, R. Mangal, D. Das and V. Shankar, Phys. Rev. Fluids 4, 083301 (2019),Instability Driven by shear thinning and elasticity in the flow of concentrated polymer solutions through microtubes.
- P. Nath, R. Mangal, F. F. Kohle, S. Chodhury, S. Narayanan, U. B. Wiesner and L. A. Archer, Langmuir 34(1), (2017),Dynamics of nanoparticles in entangled polymer solutions.
- R. Mangal, N. Karthik, Y. K. Kim, E. Bukusoglu, U. M. Cordova-Figuerora and N. L. Abbott, Langmuir 33 (41), (2017),Active Janus Particles at Interfaces of Liquid Crystals.
- R. Mangal, S. Srivastava, and L. A. Archer, Nature Communications 32 (2), (2016),Phase stability and dynamics of entangled polymer nanoparticle composites.