The International Workshop on Energy, Environment, and Multiphase Flows is a jointly organized workshop by University of Maryland, College Park, University of Illinois at Chicago, ACRI CFD and Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, and conducted at Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur from February 24 to 26, 2020. It is the 11th workshop in a Series on Status of Combustion and Energy.
The full list of the organizing committee members may be found on the "Contact" page.
- Invited lectures by renowned experts in the field of fuel, bio-fuels, energy, power, propulsion, environmental pollution including CO2, and sustainability.
- Special focus and contributions on Fire Dynamics & Fire Safety Engineering as well as Multiphase flows.
- Poster presentation competition for students.
- Contributed chapters would be published by international publishers after the workshop.
WHO CAN/ SHOULD ATTEND?
Researchers and engineers from academia, R&D organizations and industries working in the areas of fuels, energy, combustion, power, propulsion, hypersonics, air pollution, sensors and diagnostics, modelling, fossil- and bio-fuels, alternative energy, energy-water nexus, droplets and atomization, novel combustion concepts, engine combustion, gas turbine combustion, swirl flows and other related areas.
ABOUT IIT KANPUR
The Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur (IIT Kanpur) was established in the year 1960. The Parliament of India passed the “Institutes of Technology Act 1961” declaring all the IITs as “Institutions of National Importance”. Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur is engaged in carrying out original research of significance and technology development at the cutting edge. It imparts training to students so that they become competent and motivated engineers and scientists. The Institute celebrates freedom of thought, cultivates vision and encourages growth, but also inculcates human values and concern for the environment and the society.
HOW TO REACH
- Nearest airport is Lucknow (LKO), about 70 km (~1.5 hrs drive) from IIT Kanpur, is well connected by domestic flights, and has few international connections too. Pick up by Taxis/private vehicles would be arranged from LKO to IIT Kanpur.
- Kanpur Central railway station (CNB), about 12 km from IITK, is a major rail head. It is well connected to cities like Delhi, and other parts of country. Pick up by Taxis/private vehicles would be arranged from railway station to IIT Kanpur.