Advertisement Number: P.Rect./IP/DOAD/2022/11
Applications are invited for the following temporary & contractual post to work as Deputy Project Manager in the project "Facility Management of Computer Labs". The details of the position and required qualification and experience of applicant are given below:
Post: Deputy Project Manager
Minimum Qualification and post Qualification Experience: MCA/MSc (CS/IT) +5 Years of experience in the field of IT
Or B.Sc. (CS/IT) /BCA + 8 years of experience in IT field.
Desirable Qualification and Experience:
- Over 3 Years of IT experience in higher education institute like IITs, IIMs, NITs etc.
- Knowledge of computer hardware and networking
- Experience in managing large computer labs with large number of specialized application software.
- Update/modify/install software on large number of computers in short time via cloning.
- Candidates having knowledge of Active Directory, Azure, Power shell, Linux and Shell scripting would be an added advantage.
Nature of work:
The candidate's profile along with tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Installation, upgrade, support and troubleshooting of Windows/Linux operating systems.
- Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of printers
- Installation and maintenance of specialized software like AutoCAD, Aspen, EViews, MATLAB, STATA, SPSS.
- Preparing FAQ and How To documents for website
- Resolving problems of Faculty, Staff and Students regarding operating system and application software
- Responsible for image creation of Windows & Linux by using G4L
Salary: Rs. 19200-1600-48000 /- per month based on qualification and experience
Duration of appointment: one year (extendible, on yearly basis, based on performance)
Number of positions: Four (4)
Please note that the labs operate from 8AM to 2AM on all days including Saturdays and Sundays except on some selected holidays as declared. The selected persons would be required to work in day shift (8AM to 5PM) or night shift (5PM to 2AM).
Interested candidates are requested to apply with latest CV and on form available on DOAD-IP-203. The application along with self-attested copies of relevant education qualification and experience may be submitted by 07 April 2022, 05:00 PM in a sealed envelope superscribed ‘Application for the post of Deputy Project Manager’ to the undersigned:
Dean of Digital Infrastructure & Automation,
Computer Centre, Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, Kanpur-208 016 UP
The shortlisted candidates will be informed by email.