Advertisement Number: P.Rect/IP/DOAD/2022/17
Applications are invited for the following temporary & contractual post to work as Senior Project Associate in the project "Facility Management of Computer Labs".
Post: Senior Project Associate
Minimum Qualification and Post Qualification Experience: B. Tech (CS/IT/EEE/EC) + 1-year experience in IT
M.Sc. (CS/IT) + 1 year of experience in IT
B.Sc. + MCA + 1-year experience in IT
Desirable Qualification and Experience:
- Experience in managing large computer labs with large number of specialized application software
- Update/modify/install software/patches on large number of computers in short time via scripting/cloning or other techniques
- Knowledge of Web development using Perl, JAVA, HTML, and Database administration using MySQL would be an added advantage.
Nature of work:
The candidate’s tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Installation, upgrade, support, and troubleshooting of various operating systems (Windows 7, Windows 10 Windows 11, and several flavors of Linux), Deployment of OS via disk cloning
- Installation and maintenance of specialized software.
- Linux installation (Rhel, Centos, Ubuntu) using PXE server and G4L in an LDAP environment
Salary: Rs. 21600-1800-54000/- (consolidated) per month based on qualification and experience
Duration of appointment: one year or date of expiry of project, whichever is earlier (maybe extended based on performance and requirement).
Number of positions: Three (3)
Please note that the selected persons would be required to work in day shift (8 AM to 5 PM) or night shift (5 PM to 2 AM) on a roster basis.
Interested candidates are requested to apply with the latest CV and on form available on DOAD-IP-203. The application along with self-attested copies of relevant educational qualifications and experience may be submitted by 10 May 2022, 05:00 PM in a sealed envelope superscribed ‘Application for the post of Senior Project Associate’ addressed to: -
Dean of Digital Infrastructure & Automation,
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur,
Kanpur-208 016 UP
The shortlisted candidates will be informed by email.