Advertisement Number: P.Rect./IP/DOAD/2020/73
Applications are invited for one post of Assistant Physical Instructor on Project in the project “SPEC WAGES”, IIT Kanpur to manage all activities related to Wall Climbing.
Duration of appointment: Maximum One year from the date of appointment or date of expiry of project, whichever is earlier (Extendable based on the performance)
Salary: 13200-1100-33000 consolidate (Higher start may be possible in case of experienced and meritorious candidate)
Essential Qualification: M.P.Ed./ Master degree in Sports/ Master degree + National/ All India Inter University Participation. Or B.P.Ed/Bachelor degree in Sports/ Bachelor degree + National/ All India Inter University Participation + 3 years’ coaching experience in particular Sport/Physical Activity in a govt. organization of sports/educational institute or in an organization of repute. Or National/ All India Inter University Participation/ Professional Course in Specific Sports or Physical Activity + 10 years’ coaching experience in particular Sport/ Physical Activity in a govt. organization of sports/ educational institute or in an organization of repute.
- The candidate should have completed the MoI (Methods of Instruction Course) and the Belayers course certified by IMF (Indian Mountaineering Federation).
- The candidate should have at least 2 years of experience in competitive climbing. Preference will be given to candidates with more experience.
- The candidate should be fluent in both Hindi and English (read, write and verbal communication).
- The candidate must have experience of on-sight leading UIAA grade V (5.7 YDS).
- Expertise required in:
- Climbing skills and climbing equipment management
- Coaching and teaching in climbing
- Group management and leadership
- First aid and Emergency procedures
- Training: nutrition, physiology and injury prevention
Job Responsibilities: Coaching students, responsible for maintenance of wall climbing wall and its equipment, PE classes and other works assigned to him/her by Chairman, SPEC.
Note: The application should be submitted strictly online at firstname.lastname@example.org , no application will be accepted through any other mode. Last date for submission of online application will be up to 15 working days from the date of advertisement.
The email subject must have the Subject Line- Application for the post of Assistant Physical Instructor on Project At PE Section.
The Selection will be based on Zoom/Google Meet online interview. Only short-listed candidates will be informed through email about the date of online interview. The institute reserves the right to fix suitable criteria for short listing the eligible candidates satisfying qualification and experience. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview/trade test (if called physically).
Dr. Syam Nair
Physical Education Section