Advertisement Number: P.Rect./R&D/2022/136
Applications are invited for one post of Project Postdoc Fellow in a sponsored project "Large-scale Multicity Dense Urban IoT Real-time Air Quality Monitoring Networks in India". If you are passionate about air quality and challenges of the research area, then we would love to hear from you.
- Ph.D. in Civil Engineering/Environmental Sciences/Atmospheric Sciences/Climate Sciences or relevant field.
- Strong background in atmospheric science and air quality research.
- Significant background in handling and processing large data sets.
- Good experience in field experiment environmental sensing.
- Prior fieldwork experience in air quality monitoring and in operating and maintaining air quality monitoring sensors.
Impressive publications record in high impact air quality research journals. Knowledge of any scientific programming language.
Nature of Work
The candidate would be responsible for coordinating and running large city-scale networks for air quality measurements using low-cost sensors. The candidate would be in-charge of the air quality sensors and will be responsible for their regular operation, calibration and maintenance and maintain device uptime. The candidate will also take part in analysis of large datasets evolved during such monitoring.
Duration of Appointment
- The appointment for the post is for 2.0 years. Appointment will be initially for one year. Renewal of appointment will be subjected to the performance of the candidate.
- The post is purely temporary and is on contractual basis.
- Consolidated salary: Rs.60,000/-
The department reserves the right to fix suitable criteria for short listing of eligible candidates satisfying qualifications and experience. The selection will be based on online interview. Short listed candidates will be informed with an email about the date of interview.
He/she will get the opportunity to work in a conducive environment and can avail the hostel/family accommodation facility at IITKanpur.Interested candidates may apply via email (to firstname.lastname@example.org) giving full details qualifications and experience with copies of relevant certificates by June 13, 2022.The Selection will be based on Zoom/Skype online interview. Shortlisted candidates will be informed the date of interview by email.
Dr. Sachchida N. Tripathi, Professor
Department of Civil Engineering
Indian Institute of Technology
Kanpur – 208016