Advertisement Number: P.Rect/R&D/2023/180
Applications are invited for one post of Project Post-doctoral fellow in US Department of State via DUKE University sponsored project titled "Building capacity to improve air quality in South Asia: Reducing PM2.5 through low-cost sensor network driven policy decisions". If you are passionate about air quality and challenges of the research area, then we would love to hear from you.
- Ph.D. in Civil Engineering/Atmospheric Sciences/Climate Sciences or relevant field.
- Strong background in atmospheric science and air quality research.
- Significant background in handling and processing large data sets.
- Good experience in field experiment environmental sensing/measurement.
Minimum 2 publications in SCI journals within the last 3 years.
Nature of Work
The candidate would be responsible for coordinating and running large scale network for air quality measurements using portable sensors. The candidate would be in-charge of the sensors and will be responsible for their regular operation, calibration and maintenance. The candidate will also take part in analysis of large data sets evolved during such monitoring. This post is a part of a larger project of international importance and the candidate will have an opportunity to interact with leading international scientists in this field.
Duration of Appointment
- The appointment is for approximately 7 months or till the end of the project. The post is purely temporary and on contractual basis.
- Salary scale: INR 60,000/65,000/70,000 consolidated, based on post-qualification experience.
The department reserves the right to fix suitable criteria for short listing of eligible candidates satisfying qualifications and experience. The selection will be based on online interview. Short listed candidates will be informed with an email about the date of interview.
He/she will get the opportunity to work in a conducive environment. Interested candidates may send their Curriculum Vitae via email (email@example.com) with copies of relevant certificates by August 21, 2023.
Please mention the Advertisement Number and position name in the subject line of email.
Dr. Sachchida N. Tripathi, Professor
Department of Civil Engineering
Indian Institute of Technology