Advertisement Number: P.Rect/R&D/2023/132
IIT KANPUR invites application for the post of Project Post-Doctoral Fellow in the SLPL Project.
- Ph.D. in Physics/ Physical Chemistry/Chemical or Mechanical Engineering.
- The candidate must have a significant background in molecular simulations and thermodynamics.
- The candidate should have a significant experience in quantum/classical molecular simulations.
- The candidate should have experience in coding in python, C, C++ and experience of the Linux environment.
- Additional experience in molecular simulation of self-assembly of surfactant, Enhance Sampling methods (such as metadynamics, umbrella sampling, FFS), nucleation theory and simulations, force-field generation and coarse-graining would be desirable.
- Experience in using GROMACS, PLUMED, GAUSSIAN, LAMMPS etc.
- Having an experience in AI/ML
Nature of Work
The candidate would be responsible for developing coarse-grain models of amphiphilic surfactants in aqueous systems and investigate the nucleation behaviour under super cooled environment using molecular simulations. The candidate would be working with two members of the group.
Duration of Appointment
- The appointment for the above posts initially will be for 1 year, which will be extended with mutual consent If performance of the candidate is good,
- The post is purely temporary and on a contractual basis.
- Salary Range: 60000-5000-85000
The department reserves the right to fix suitable criteria for short listing of eligible candidates satisfying qualifications and experience. Only short-listed candidates will accordingly be called for interview.
No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview
Last date for receipt of application: June 30, 2023. Interested candidates should send their application along with the resume to:
Dr. Jayant K. Singh
Department of Chemical Engineering
Ph. 0512 259 7017