Advertisement Number: P.Rect./R&D/2020/148
Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur (IIT Kanpur) invites applications for the post of Research Associate-I in a SERB/DST sponsored Project on "Developing Algorithms for modeling the role of support in a Hydro-deoxygenation Catalyst". We are looking for motivated and talented candidates with prior experience with coding and density functional theory calculations (preferably in VASP) and Catalysis. Extensive experience with coding in C/C++ (or fortran) and familiarity with Linux environment is a must.
- Essential Qualification: Phd in Chemical Engineering/Chemistry/Physics/MaterialScience with strong fundamentals in Catalysis
- Prior experience with density functional theory calculations (preferably in VASP)
- Good programming knowledge in C/C++ (or fortran), Linux shell scripting
- Familiarity with HPC environment
- Duration of the post: One year, starting from August 1st, 2020 with a possibility of one or two year extension depending on performance
- Consolidated Salary: Rs 47,000/- per month
- Last date of receiving applications: July. 20th, 2020
The applicant may contact Dr. Vishal Agarwal (email@example.com) for any further details. Please do not send application to this address
The appointment is purely temporary and on contractual basis.
Selection: The selection committee approved by IIT Kanpur reserves the right to fix suitable criteria for short listing of eligible candidates satisfying qualifications, experience and the recommendations. Only short-listed candidates will be called for interview. If shortlisted, copies of relevant certificates will be required, and be checked against original certificates at the time of interview. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
Job Responsibilities: The successful candidate would be the key person in driving the project along with the PI. Additionally, the candidate should assist the PI running the laboratory and guiding the research of PhD students.
Applications: Application should be submitted by filling the form in the link below on or before July 20th 2020:
The selection will be based on Zoom/Skype online interview. Short listed candidates will be informed with an email about the date of interview. Interested candidates may apply on email giving full details of qualification, experience with copies of relevant certificates by 20th July 2020. It is mandatory to mention your mobile number in the application.
Dr. Vishal Agarwal
Department of Chemical Engineering
Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
Uttar Pradesh-208016, India
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; ph: +91 512 259 6895