Advertisement Number: P.Rect./R&D/2021/243
Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur (IIT Kanpur) invites applications for the post of Research Associate-II in a SERB/DST sponsored Project on "Developing Algorithms for modeling the role of support in a Hydro-deoxygenation Catalyst". We are looking for motivated and talented candidates with prior experience with coding and density functional theory calculations (preferably in VASP) and Catalysis. Extensive experience with coding in C/C++ and familiarity with Linux environment is a must.
- Essential Qualification: Phd in Chemical Engineering/Chemistry/Physics/MaterialScience with strong fundamentals in Catalysis
- Prior experience with density functional theory calculations (preferably in VASP)
- Good programming knowledge in C/C++, Linux shell scripting
- Familiarity with HPC environment
- Duration of the post: One year, starting from November 15th, 2021 with a possibility of extension depending on performance
- Consolidated Salary: Rs 49,000/- per month
- Last date of receiving applications: Nov. 02, 2021
The applicant may contact Dr. Vishal Agarwal (firstname.lastname@example.org) for any further details. Please do not send application to this address.
The appointment is purely temporary and on contractual basis.
Selection: The selection committee approved by IIT Kanpur reserves the right to fix suitable criteria for short listing of eligible candidates satisfying qualifications, experience and the recommendations. Only short-listed candidates will be interviewed (online). If shortlisted, copies of relevant certificates will be required, and be checked against original certificates at the time of interview.
Job Responsibilities: The successful candidate would be the key person in driving the project along with the PI. Additionally, the candidate should assist the PI running the laboratory and guiding the research of PhD students.
Applications: Application should be submitted by filling the form in the link below on or before Nov. 02, 2021:
Dr. Vishal Agarwal
Department of Chemical Engineering
Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
Uttar Pradesh-208016, India
E-mail: email@example.com; ph: +91 512 679 6895