Advertisement Number: P.Rect./R&D/2020/285
Applications are invited for one temporary/contractual post of Senior Project Engineer in the SERB
project "Computational Investivation of Mycobacterium Tuberculosis Fatty Acid Synthase-I" at IIT Kanpur.
- Ph.D. (or M.Tech + 3 years of relevant experience) in Chemical Engineering/Computational Physics/
Physical Chemistry / Biology or related areas
- significant experience with molecular dynamics simulation and familiarity with Python, C, C++, Linux
- Experience with enhance sampling methods (umbrella sampling, metadynamics, etc.) for molecular simulation
- Experience using GROMACS, NAMD, PLUMED, LAMMPS for molecular simulation
Nature of Work
The candidate's tasks and responsibilities will include
- Developing multiscale models and performing biomolecular simulation of assemblies
- Developing relevant computational code
- Collaborating with group members and contributing in research related activities of the group
- Preparing scientific documents and presentations
Duration of Appointment
- Initially for 1 year or till end of project, whichever is earlier
- May be extended with mutual consent depending on performance of the candidate and duration of the project
Rs. 32400-2700-81000 (based on past experience and achievements).
Last date for receipt of application: 11th January, 2021. *Extended till 15th February 2021. Interested candidates should send their application only via email with a detailed curriculum vitae, a cover letter with details of relevant experience and copies of relevant certificates to:
Dr. H. H. Katkar, Department of Chemical Engineering, IIT Kanpur
Only eligible candidates satisfying all essential qualifications and experience will be short listed. Additional
documents may be requested via an email to certain candidates, if necessary, and must be received via
email to the above address within two subsequent days. Only short listed candidates will be informed via
email and called for an online interview. Selection will be based on online interview of short listed candidates.
It is mandatory to mention the phone number you are reachable at in your resume. Incomplete applications will be rejected as invalid applications.