Advertisement Number: P.Rect./R&D/2022/188
IIT KANPUR invites application for the post of Research Associate-I in the “DST project “Bioenergy & H2 Map”
- Ph.D. in Physics/ Physical Chemistry/Chemical Engineering.
- The candidate should have a significant background in molecular simulations (DFT, MD) and thermodynamics.
- The candidate should have a significant experience in quantum & classical molecular simulations.
- The candidate should have experience in coding in python, C, C++ and experience of the Linux environment.
- Additional experience in Enhance Sampling methods (such as metadynamics, umbrella sampling, FFS), nucleation theory and simulations, force-field generation and coarse-graining would be desirable.
- Experience in using VASP, GROMACS, PLUMED, GAUSSIAN, LAMMPS etc.
Nature of Work
The candidate would be responsible for develop strategy to screen 2D materials using DFT and machine learning approaches for an efficient H2 generation from biomass. The work is in collaboration with an experimental group.
Duration of Appointment
- The appointment for the above posts initially will be for 1 year, which will be extended with mutual consent If performance of the candidate is good,
- The post is purely temporary and on a contractual basis.
- Salary: 47000 + HRA as per Institute norms
The department reserves the right to fix suitable criteria for short listing of eligible candidates satisfying qualifications and experience. Only short-listed candidates will accordingly be called for interview.
No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview
Last date for receipt of application: Aug 15, 2022. Interested candidates should send their application along with the resume to:
Dr. Jayant K. Singh
Department of Chemical Engineering
Ph. 0512 259 7017