Advertisement Number: P.Rect./R&D/2023/220
Applications are invited for the post of Project Post-Doctoral Fellow in a “Transformative Power of Monastic Debate and Analytical Meditation on Cognition, Emotion and Brain” Project in the Department of Cognitive Science IIT Kanpur.
Number of Post: One
Salary Range: 60000-5000-85000
Minimum Qualification: Ph.D in Cognitive Science and related disciplines
Note: The position is purely temporary, initially for one year, and it can be extended further based on performance till the duration of the project.
Job Description for Project Post-Doctoral Fellow:
- Designing Cognitive Experiments
- Have worked with cross-cultural data
- EEG Experiment Design
- Signal Processing
- EEG Preprocessing and artifact rejection
- Advanced EEG analysis (e.g. connectivity and microstate analysis)
- Peripheral physiological Signal Analysis (e.g. ECG, GSR, EMG)
- Matlab, R, Python
- Machine Learning
- Preferable if have prior experience with meditation research
- No TA/DA or accommodation will be provided to the candidates called for the interview.
- Applicants who do not meet the minimum eligibility criteria and desirable work experience will not be called for the interview.
- If the number of applications for the position is large, the selection committee may decide appropriate shortlisting criteria over and above the essential qualification required to restrict the number of candidates for the interview to a reasonable limit.
- The decision of the selection committee will be final.
Interested candidates may send their resume giving full details of qualifications, and experience with self-attested copies of relevant certificates to the following address before 16th October 2023.
The shortlisted candidate will be called by email/phone for the interviews.
Dr. Narayanan Srinivasan
Department of Cognitive Science
Engineering Science Building
ESB-2, 5th Floor,