Advertisement Number: P.Rect./R&D/2019/13
Position: Deputy Project Manager
No. of positions: 1 (One)
Applications are invited for the post of “Deputy Project Manager” in the Project numbered 9222 in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at IIT Kanpur.
Minimum qualification: CA/ICWA/CS ‘OR’ Post Graduate (MBA/MCA/M.Com./M.Sc./MA) + 5 years of relevant experience ‘OR’ Graduate (B.Sc. / BA/ B.com/BBA/BCA) + 8 years of relevant experience at appropriate level.
Consolidated Salary range: INR 19200-1600-48000.
Working hours: 8:30 am to 6 pm (Monday to Saturday).
- Work experience in Academic Institutions
- Work experience in handling student academic advising
- Work experience in handling student related academic issues across multiple departments
- Proven proficiency in written and oral communications in English and in Hindi
- Proven Interpersonal skill and ability to work with up to 50 students on a daily basis
Work: The candidate’s tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Academic management of students with various personal and academic problems
- Work with Counseling center to refer students based on initial assessment of needs
- Work with faculty to identify students who have academic deficiency or other issues in completing curriculum
- Produce regular reports to the department regarding student welfare
- Create new plans for student welfare and student academic improvement
- Work with senior students / faculty members to bring necessary tutorial help for students
Duration: Appointment will be made initially for one year and can be extended up to five years or till the end of the project whichever is earlier, subject to satisfactory performance. Performance reviews will be held weekly. The appointment can be terminated at any time if found unsatisfactory.
Applications Process: Interested candidates may apply by submitting a detailed resume with copies of all experiences and project details, a cover letter summarizing the experience in relevant technologies and software, copies of degree certificate and grade sheets for all degrees, School final, and Higher Secondary exams. Submission accepted only as hardcopy by postal service to the mailing address: Prof. Sandeep K. Shukla, Head, Computer Science and Engineering Department, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur 208016, UP. Please note that if detailed cover letter, copies of grade sheets, certificates are missing, the application will be immediately rejected. Please indicate clearly the Project Number and position being applied for on the envelope. No email applications will be accepted.
Last date of receipt of application: 23/Jan/2019, before or at 5 pm.
Tentative date of interview: 25/Jan/2019.
Contact Person: Prof. Sandeep K. Shukla, Computer Science & Engineering Department, IIT Kanpur