Position: Project Assistant
No. of positions: 1 (One)
Applications are invited for the post of “Project Assistant” in the Project numbered SERB/CS/2015393 in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at IIT Kanpur.
- B.Sc. / BCA / B. Tech in Computer Science / Electrical & Electronics / Electronics
- At least 60% marks in academics
- Certification of Communication and Network Security certificate / RHCSA / RHCE / CCNA.
- Demonstrable hands on experience with Router configuration, Switch configuration, VLAN, VTP, Data management, Remote protocols, LAN maintenance et cetera.
- Good knowledge of network penetration testing and security vulnerability testing (certification desirable)
- Good knowledge on Basics of Cyber Security
Consolidated Salary range: INR 10800 - 900 - 27000
Work: The candidate’s tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Design and development of Network Lab environment + Assignments.
- Installation, commissioning & Maintenance of OpenNMS / AAA / Console servers et cetera.
- Cyber Security Penetration Testing, Vulnerability Detection, Ethical Hacking
- Prepare presentations and reports.
Working hours: 8:30 am to 6 pm (Monday to Saturday).
Duration: Appointment will be made initially for one year and can be extended up to five years or till the end of the project whichever is earlier, subject to satisfactory performance. Performance reviews will be held weekly. The appointment can be terminated at any time if found unsatisfactory.
Applications Process: : Interested candidates may apply by submitting a detailed resume with copies of all experiences and project details, a cover letter summarizing the experience in relevant technologies and software, copies of degree certificate and grade sheets for all years of of bachelors degree, School final, and Higher Secondary exams. Submission accepted only as hardcopy by postal service to the mailing address: Prof. Sandeep K. Shukla, Head, Computer Science and Engineering Department, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur 208016, UP.Please note that if detailed cover letter, copies of grade sheets, certificates are missing, the application will be immediately rejected. Please indicate clearly the Project Number and position being applied for on the envelope. If submitting by hand, do not drop in mailbox - submit manually to CSE office of IITK.
Last date of receipt of application: May 7th, 2018 before or at 5 pm. Tentative date of interview: May 14, 2018
Contact Person: Prof. Sandeep K. Shukla, Computer Science & Engineering Department, IIT Kanpur