Advertisement Number: P.Rect./R&D/2019/12
Position: Project Assistant
No. of positions: 1 (One)
Applications are invited for the post of “Project Assistant” in the Project numbered 2016466 in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at IIT Kanpur.
Minimum qualification: Graduate (B.Sc. / B.A. / B.Com. / BBA / BCA)
Consolidated Salary range: INR 10800-900-27000.
Working hours: 8:30 am to 6 pm (Monday to Saturday).
- At least 60% marks in academics
- Certification of Communication and Network Security certificate / RHCSA / RHCE / CCNA.
- Hand’s on experience with Router configuration, Switch configuration, VLAN, VTP, Data management, Remote protocols, LAN maintenance et cetera.
- Basic knowledge of cyber security.
Work: The candidate’s tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Installation, commissioning & Maintenance of OpenNMS / AAA / Console servers et cetera.
- Design and development of Network Lab environment + Assignments.
- Design and development of VAPT framework for network security.
- Prepare presentations and reports.
- Presentation of work at meetings and conferences
Duration: Appointment will be made initially for one year and can be extended up to five years or till the end of the project whichever is earlier, subject to satisfactory performance. Performance reviews will be held weekly. The appointment can be terminated at any time if found unsatisfactory.
Applications Process: Interested candidates may apply by submitting a detailed resume with copies of all experiences and project details, a cover letter summarizing the experience in relevant technologies and software, copies of degree certificate and grade sheets for all degrees, School final, and Higher Secondary exams. Submission accepted only as hardcopy by postal service to the mailing address: Prof. Sandeep K. Shukla, Head, Computer Science and Engineering Department, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur 208016, UP. Please note that if detailed cover letter, copies of grade sheets, certificates are missing, the application will be immediately rejected. Please indicate clearly the Project Number and position being applied for on the envelope. No email applications will be accepted.
Last date of receipt of application: 22/Jan/2019, before or at 5 pm.
Tentative date of interview: 25/Jan/2019.
Contact Person: Prof. Sandeep K. Shukla, Computer Science & Engineering Department, IIT Kanpur