Position: Project Manager
No. of positions: 1 (One)
Applications are invited for the post of “Project Manager” in the Project numbered NSCS /CS /2017518 in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at IIT Kanpur.
- Post Graduate Degree with a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience or Graduate degree with minimum 15 years of relevant experience
- Further Academic Achievements beyond Masters degree (such as PhD)
- Substantial Experience working with Dean of Research and Development or similar project funding management offices
- Experience in research administration related jobs
- Experience in web development, Automating emails, and other correspondence with large number of participants in multi-institute projects
- Experience in managing large scale projects in an Academic Environment
- Good command over spoken and written English
Consolidated Salary range: INR 20000-2000-40000.
Work: The candidate’s tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Manage a multi-institute project from DST with IIT Kanpur as Nodal Manager of Project
- Work with DST and participating institutes to organize events related to cyber security
- Manage People in the project
- Work with administrative offices of IIT Kanpur and other participating institutes
- Maintain monthly, quarterly, semi-annually, and annually submitted reports and expenditure statements of participating institutes
- Prepare reports
- Organize meetings
Duration: Appointment will be made initially for one year and may be extended up to five years or till the end of the project whichever is earlier, subject to satisfactory performance. Performance reviews will be held weekly. The appointment can be terminated at any time if found unsatisfactory.
Applications Process: Interested candidates may apply by submitting a detailed resume with all experiences and project details, a cover letter summarizing the experience in relevant technologies and software, and scanned copies of all relevant degree and experience certificates. All documents with cover letter must be submitted by postal mail to Prof. Sandeep K. Shukla, Department of Computer Science & Engineering, IIT Kanpur, Kanpur 208016 by the deadline. Applications without cover letter or other relevant documents will be rejected immediately. Cover letter must also mention Project Number NSCS /CS /2017518 Last date of receipt of application: July 12, 2018, before or at 5 pm.
Tentative date of interview: July 12, 2018.
Contact Person: Prof. Sandeep K. Shukla, Computer Science & Engineering Department, IIT Kanpur