Advertisement Number: P.Rect./R&D/2019/14
Position: Project Manager
No. of positions: 1 (One)
Applications are invited for the post of “Project Manager” in the Project numbered 2016466 in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at IIT Kanpur.
Minimum qualification: Post graduate degree + 8 years of relevant experience ‘OR’ Graduate with 15 years of relevant experience at appropriate level ‘OR’ (CA/ICWA/CS) + 2 years relevant experience at supervisory level in a Govt. organization or in educational institute or in organization of repute.
Consolidated Salary range: INR 24000-2000-60000.
Working hours: 8:30 am to 6 pm (Monday to Saturday).
- Hand’s on experience with Libre office
- Hand's on experience with project procurement process
- Hand's on experience with time and cost estimation of a project
- Hand's on experience with RFQ, BOQ, etc.
- Upper hand in negotiation
- Hand's on experience with initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure of a project
- Hand’s on experience with Libre office etc.
Work: The candidate’s tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Managing procurement process
- Managing supply chain management
- Managing & maintaining smooth operation of daily tasks
- Project planning with daily processing and auditing of inventory
- Process improvement implementation in areas such as safety, quality, and production
- Event coordination activities
- Prepare presentations and reports.
- Presentation of work at meetings and conferences
- Support other teams with various administrative tasks (redirecting calls, disseminating correspondence, scheduling meetings etc.)
- Work on the internal MIS tool and perform a system diagnosis, repair and updates to ensure data integrity and reliability of automated tasks
Duration: Appointment will be made initially for one year and can be extended up to five years or till the end of the project whichever is earlier, subject to satisfactory performance. Performance reviews will be held weekly. The appointment can be terminated at any time if found unsatisfactory.
Applications Process: Interested candidates may apply by submitting a detailed resume with copies of all experiences and project details, a cover letter summarizing the experience in relevant technologies and software, copies of degree certificate and grade sheets for all degrees, School final, and Higher Secondary exams. Submission accepted only as hardcopy by postal service to the mailing address: Prof. Sandeep K. Shukla, Head, Computer Science and Engineering Department, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur 208016, UP. Please note that if detailed cover letter, copies of grade sheets, certificates are missing, the application will be immediately rejected. Please indicate clearly the Project Number and position being applied for on the envelope. No email applications will be accepted.
Last date of receipt of application: 23/Jan/2019, before or at 5 pm.
Tentative date of interview: 25/Jan/2019.
Contact Person: Prof. Sandeep K. Shukla, Computer Science & Engineering Department, IIT Kanpur