Advertisement Number: P.Rect./R&D/2020/268
Position: Senior Project Executive Engineer
No. of positions: 2 (Two)
Applications are invited for the post of "Senior Project Executive Engineer" in the Project numbered 2016466 in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at IIT Kanpur.
Minimum qualification: Bachelors/Masters degree in relevant fields from IITs/IISc OR demonstration of outstanding talent either in the form of publications in top tier conferences/journals, history of delivery of project outcomes as a student or as employees in previous jobs
Consolidated Salary range: 1,00,000 – 10,000 – 2,00,000 INR per month.
Working hours: 8:30 am to 6 pm (Monday to Saturday).
Desired qualification for position 1: :
- At least 4 years of industrial experience in building SCADA/PLC based ICS implementation at customer sites
- At least 2 years of experience in development of Cyber Security Testbed for Industrial Control Systems with experience of building water treatment plant, power distribution automation, industrial control automation testbed
- In-depth knowledge of PLC Programming, SCADA screen development, knowledge of multiple PLC and SCADA
- In-depth knowledge in Cyber Threats and mitigation techniques including industrial protocols such as Modbus, DNP3, OPC
- Hands-on experience in developing educational kits for industrial control automation security
- Extensive experience in procurement in the SCADA/PLC/ICS/OT systems
Desired qualification for position 2: :
- At least 7 years of experience in academic field in teaching/research
- In-depth research experience in malware analysis, anomaly detection based detection of malicious activities in systems, machine learning based methods in cyber security
- Proven expertise demonstrated by publications in International conferences in Cyber Security field
- Proven experience in leading teams of researchers in developing cyber security tools such as malware analysis tools, security incident and event management tools, honeypots etc.
- Proven experience in industrial strength tool development in cyber security
- Very good command over English writing and speaking demonstrated by research papers authorship
- Experience in developing cyber security course material and delivery
Major task of the successful candidates for position 1:
- Developing Industry scale SCADA/ICS Cyber Security Test beds and developing OT architecture and implementation
- Development and implementation of PLC programs, SCADA screens, and overall OT systems
- Procurement and implementation of industrial level test-beds for Industrial Control Systems
- Development of Cyber Threat Analysis frameworks, mitigation techniques and architecture
- Lead a team of Vulnerability assessment and Penetration Testing Researchers to do VAPT on ICS systems and development of proof of concepts for submission to National Vulnerability Databases
Major task of the successful candidates for position 2:
- Development of Research program in malware analysis, vulnerability assessment, intrusion detection, network security, Honeypots, security incident and event management systems
- Publication of top-quality research papers in the field of cyber security in top international forums and journals
- Publication of Books and Book Chapters in Cyber Security Field
- Leading team of researchers in developing cyber security tools and technology development
- Leading efforts on industrial projects in Cyber Security field both with Government agencies and private industry
- Delivering lectures on cyber security for various industrial executive programs
- Working with industry to bring projects to IIT Kanpur in the field of cyber security
Duration: Appointment will be made initially for one year and can be extended up to five years or till the end of the project whichever is earlier, subject to satisfactory performance. Performance reviews will be held weekly. The appointment can be terminated at any time if found unsatisfactory.
Application Process: : Interested candidates may apply by submitting a detailed resume with copies of all experiences and project details, a cover letter summarizing the experience in relevant technologies and software, and it’s compulsory to fill the google form at https://forms.gle/SJ9sGhtru6nPwQk36 . At the time of the interview, you must bring copies of the degree certificate and grade sheets for all degrees, School final, and Higher Secondary exams. Submission accepted only as submission through this Google Form: No other form will be acceptable. Please note that if a detailed cover letter, copies of grade sheets, certificates are missing, the application will be immediately rejected. Please indicate clearly the Project Number and position being applied in the cover letter.
Last date of receipt of application: December 5, 2020, before or at 5 pm.
Tentative date of interview: 2nd week of December 2020
Contact Person: Prof. Sandeep K. Shukla, Computer Science & Engineering Department, IIT Kanpur