Advertisement Number: P.Rect./R&D/2022/035
Applications are invited for a position of Project Post-Doctoral Fellow the project entitled, "Archival Content Retrieval Through Audio and Text Query project", funded by the Prasar Bharati, India’s Public Service Broadcaster.
About the Project: -
In this project, we focus on audio-based content retrieval, where the query is an audio or text, and the search content is in audio. We will be developing state-of-the-art technologies using deep learning methods for various tasks such as
- Audio Event Detection
- Acoustic Scene Classification
- Few shot learning
Job Description: -
Project No: PB /EE /2021128B
Post: - Project Post-Doctoral Fellow
No. of Posts: - 01
Salary Range: - Rs. 50000/55000/60000
Location: IIT Kanpur
- PhD in Audio, Signal Processing, Computer Science, or relevant area
- A strong background in machine learning, signal processing, statistics, applied mathematics, optimization, linear algebra
- Working experience with deep learning platforms such as Tensorflow or Pytorch
- Experience with handling large datasets
- Strong publication record in top academic conferences and journals
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, strong work ethic, organizational skills and close attention to detail
- Ability to solve problems independently and work well as part of a team
- candidates who have submitted their thesis can also apply
The responsibilities for the said role include:
- Developing state-of-the-art retrieval systems
- Supervising the data annotation team and developing/selecting tools they will need for annotation and validation of data
- Publishing research papers in top conferences and journals
- Writing technical reports
- Leading data annotation team
- Working with Prasar Bharati team for seamless deployment of the system
Instructions to Apply: -
Application should be sent to the following address or fill up the google form https://forms.gle/NyopFNpaUnKZs4mJ9 The application should contain detailed resume having details about the qualifications and experience clearly mentioned, and 2 references.
The post is for a duration of 2 years. The last date for sending the application is 11th March 2022 or until the post is filled.
Short-listed applicants will be informed for further process. Applicants who do not meet the minimum qualification and work experience will not be informed or called for the interview.
Interviews will be online via Zoom.
Dr. Vipul Arora
Dept. of Electrical Engineering
Indian Institute of Technology