Advertisement Number: P.Rect/R&D/2021/232
Applications are invited for a position of Project Post-Doctoral Fellow in the project entitled, "Automatic Speech Recognition for Subtitling", funded by the Prasar Bharati, India's Public Service Broadcaster.
About the Project: -
In this project, we focus on building automatic speech recognition (ASR) system for English, Hindi, and some other Indian languages for generating subtitles. It is a large vocabulary continuous speech recognition (LVCSR) task. The research will focus on building this system with the help of state-of-the-art platforms such as Kaldi and deep learning libraries in Python. The responsibilities for the said role include:
- Developing state-of-the-art LVCSR system
- Supervising the data annotation team and developing/selecting tools they will need for annotation and validation of data
- Publishing research papers in top conferences and journals
- Writing technical reports
- Working with Prasar Bharati team for seamless deployment of the system
Job Description: -
Project No: - PB /EE /2021128C
Post: - Project Post-Doctoral Fellow
No. of Posts: - 01
Salary Range: - Rs. 50000/55000/60000
- PhD/Master's or equivalent degree in Audio Technology, Signal Processing, Computer Science, or relevant area (candidates who have submitted their thesis can also apply)
- PhD or equivalent degree in Speech Technology, Signal Processing, Computer Science, or relevant area (candidates who have submitted their thesis can also apply)
- A strong background in machine learning, signal processing, statistics, applied mathematics, optimization, linear algebra
- A good expertise in hidden Markov models, deep neural networks, and/or statistical language modelling/natural language understanding
- Prior experience in speech recognition research and development
- Working experience with Kaldi, Pytorch, or other open-source machine learning platforms
- Experience with handling large speech datasets
- Strong publication record in top academic conferences and journals
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, strong work ethic, organizational skills and close attention to detail
- Ability to solve problems independently and work well as part of a team
Instructions to Apply: -
Application should be sent to the following address or alternatively can be sent via email at email@example.com. The application should contain detailed resume having details about the qualifications and experience clearly mentioned, and 2 references of people the candidate has worked with but not related.
The post is for the duration of 1 year with a possibility of extension. The last date for sending the application is 30th October 2021. *Extended till 26th November 2021
Short-listed applicants will be informed for further process. Applicants who do not meet the minimum qualification and work experience will not be informed or called for the interview.
No TA/DA will be paid for the interview.
Dr. Vipul Arora
Dept. of Electrical Engineering
Indian Institute of Technology