Advertisement Number: P.Rect./R&D/2022/117
Applications are invited for Four posts of Project scientist. These positions will be up to July 29, 2024 and purely temporary.
About the project: The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) has funded Next Generation Wireless Research and Standardization on 5G and Beyond project to encourage Indian academia and industry to contribute to the 5G+/6G standards. The goal of the project is to generate IPR and then take those IPRs as contributions to the 5G+/6G standards. All activities in this project are focused towards creating IPRs which lead to patents, designing algorithms that will make up the product design and implementation IPRs that can give a head start in developing 5G+/6G telecom products.
What is involved?
Designing and analysing physical layer algorithms for 5G+/6G standard in MATLAB and C. Understanding the future releases of the 5G NR standard, attending standard meetings, and contributing to the standards. Job also involves testing these algorithms on in-house 5G test bed.
Project no: MEITY/EE/2021153
Post: Project Scientist
Number of Post: Four
Salary range: 26400-2200-66000
Min Qualification: PhD (Electronics/Communication Engineering) Or M.Ss (Electronics/Communication Engineering) with 3 years of experience in the relevant area. Candidates with lower qualification might also be considered if they have a highly relevant experience.
- Excellent background in wireless communication
- Deep understanding of communication theory, modulation schemes, receiver design, MIMO techniques
- Extensive expertise in MATLAB and C programming in designing and simulating communication systems
Desirable Qualification for algorithm development:
- Knowledge of 4G/5G standards
- Extensive experience in developing PHY layer algorithms preferably in MATLAB/C
- Understanding of various wireless technologies such as massive MIMO, mmWave, non-orthogonal multiple access (NOMA), unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs)
- Desirable Qualification for embedded code development:
- Analog and digital board testing and integration
- Porting of 5G+/6G physical layer algorithms on FPGA
- Real-time testing of algorithms on the 5G testbed
- Embedded design of hardware interfaces
- Design physical layer algorithms for 5G PHY layer
- Analyse system-level performance of 5G standard by executing system-level simulations
- Use existing system level simulators and enhance them with the novel technologies.
Instructions to apply:
Please send your resume on or before May 15th, 2022, to the below given mail id. Please [mention the post in the subject line of the email].
No TA/DA will be paid for the interview.
Dr. Rohit Budhiraja
Department of Electrical Engineering
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur