Advertisement Number: P.Rect./R&D/2021/43
Applications are invited for temporary or contractual posts of RA III under the project entitled "Single-Carrier Decoy-State Frequency-Coded Quantum Key Distribution Over 50km Optical Fiber" at the Quantum Key Distribution (QKD) Lab, Department of Electrical Engineering, IIT Kanpur. The project is funded by the Department of Science and Technology (DST) under the QUEST scheme.
Minimum Qualification: PhD in Electrical Engineering or Physics or interdisciplinary centers with thesis in the areas of quantum cryptography/nonlinear fiber-optics/quantum optics/optical communications/digital communications and coding.
Desired: Candidates should have sufficient knowledge and experience in one or more of the following areas
- Experimental knowledge of optical fibers and WDM optical components
- Theory of quantum key distribution protocols, security analysis, and implementation
- Knowledge of error control coding
- Statistical data analysis and report generation
- Knowledge of MATLAB, C/C++, VHDL/Verilog, LTSPICE
- Experience in mentoring team members to complete project related tasks
Consolidated Salary: Rs. 54,000/- per month
Term of Appointment: 14 months or end of project whichever is earlier.
Number of positions: One
Note: The application should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The last date for submitting online application shall be on or before 8th March, 2021
Selection:- Candidates will be shortlisted for interviews after preliminary screening of the received applications. Interviews will be held over Zoom platform. Link for the interview will be shared to shortlisted candidates.
Coordinator, QKD Lab, Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, Kanpur - 208016 (India)