Advertisement Number: P.Rect./R&D/2022/031
Applications are invited for the position of Project Post-Doctoral Fellow to work in the Project 'Developing Energy-Climate Policy Modeling for India (MESSAGEix model)'. The Post is purely temporary and on contractual basis.
Minimum qualification, Desirable experience and other terms for the above post are as follows:
Project Post-Doctoral Fellow: 01 position
PhD in an area directly relevant to Energy-climate policy modelling preferably having experience in energy modelling and policy research, from a reputed university/institute, and an excellent track record and publications in the relevant areas.
Desired Qualification: Working experience of integrated assessment modelling tools (esp. MESSAGEix), GAMS, Python etc.
Note: The candidate should have been awarded PhD before joining.
Term of Appointment:
One year or till the end of project whichever is earlier.
Salary Range: INR 50000/ 55000/ 60000 (Consolidated Salary)
(Higher starting salary may be considered for exceptionally qualified/experienced candidates as per IITK Rules)
The application must contain
- Current curriculum vitae including all educational/academic details.
- A Statement of Purpose highlighting reasons for applying, proposed research and work plan, and qualifications in relation to the position.
- A brief write-up about PhD research.
- A complete list of publications with an indication of the works the applicant wishes to be considered. (Also attach 3 best publications in full text.)
- Two letters of reference.
Note: The application should be submitted strictly online. Application will not be accepted in any other mode. The last date for submitting online application shall be up to 15 working days
To apply, please click here: Apply Online
The Selection will be based on Zoom/Skype online interview. Short listed candidates will be informed with an email about the date of interview.
Dr. Anoop Singh
Department of Industrial and Management Engineering
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
Kanpur - 208016 (India)