Advertisement Number: P.Rect./R&D/2022/208
Smart Materials Structures and Systems laboratory (SMSS), Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Kanpur is seeking passionate and motivated researchers to work on the development of a next-generation advanced robotic system for industrial inspection. The robotic system that the group is developing is aimed at autonomous routine inspections and monitoring of Power Substations. The team comprises of researchers and professionals from a diverse background including Robotics, Design, ML/AI and Industry professionals and is looking forward to augment its capabilities with a Computer Vision Engineer. The selected candidate will be working in the project entitled, “Design and Development of Substation Inspection Robot” funded by PowerGrid Corporation of India Limited (PGCIL)
Name of the Post: Project Engineer
Salary: Rs. 26400-2200-66,000 (per month based on qualification)
- Development and Implementation of Image Processing and AI/ML models for fault/defect detection in power substations
- Develop predictive maintenance models for component failures
Essential Skillset: The ideal candidate should have,
- Demonstrated implementations of geometric methods in Computer Vision.
- Hands-on with CudaNN and OpenCV implementations.
- Experience in working with Python/C++ Deep learning frameworks such as Caffe, Theano, TensorFlow, Keras.
- Solid understanding of deep learning models (CNN, RNN, DNN, and LSTM).
- Strong understanding of fundamentals of image processing algorithms and numerical computation methods.
Minimum Qualification: MTech. / BTech + 3-year experience or equivalent in Electrical/Electronics Engineering, Computer Science (EE/CS) or related field.
Interested candidates may send their application including the details of complete professional academic record (attach copies of certificates) and work experience to the undersigned on or before September 15, 2022, by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org). Also please fill in this google form- https://forms.gle/jpWv7zh8y3hEiDAd8 .Online interview of shortlisted candidates will be conducted.. The applicant must also provide addresses (including E-mail Ids) of referees (at least two) who can be contacted.
Dr. B. Bhattacharya
Department of Mechanical Engineering
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur – 16