Advertisement Number: P.Rect./R&D/2020/140
Smart Materials Structures and Systems laboratory (SMSS), Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Kanpur is seeking passionate and motivated researchers to work on the development of a next-generation advanced robotic system for agriculture. Agriculture being the backbone of our economy, there is a pressing need to improve productivity in a technology inclusive approach. The robotic system that the group is developing is aimed at delivering Precision Farming techniques in our agricultural practices. The team comprises of researchers and professionals from a diverse background including Robotics, Design, ML/AI and Agricultural experts and is looking forward to augment its capabilities with a Computer Vision Researcher / Scientist. The selected candidate will be working in the project entitled, "Design and Development of Autonomous Robot for Crop-Monitoring and Localized Pest Neutralization" funded by DST- Technology Development Program (DST-TDP).
Name of the Post: Research Associate - I
Salary: INR 47,000 per month.
- Research, Development and Implementation of AI/ML models for Plant disease detection based on Computer Vision Techniques for real-time plant disease detection.
- Preparing and publishing research articles in peer-reviewed journals
Essential Skillset: The ideal candidate should have,
- Experience in working with Python/C++ Deep learning frameworks such as Caffe, Theano, TensorFlow, Keras.
- Demonstrated implementations of geometric methods in Computer Vision.
- Hands-on with CudaNN and OpenCV implementations.
- Solid understanding of deep learning models (CNN, RNN, DNN, and LSTM).
- Design and Optimization of algorithms from the hardware perspective.
- Implementation in hardware accelerator platforms like FPGA.
- Strong fundamentals of probability and statistics and numerical computation methods.
- Good publications track record.
Minimum Qualification: Ph.D. (awarded/ submitted) or M.E./ M.Tech (> 7.5 CGPA). + 3 years of relevant experience in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Computer Science (EE/CS), Data Science, Artificial Intelligence or related field.
Interested candidates may send their application including the details of complete professional academic record (attach copies of certificates) and work experience to the undersigned on or before 15th August, 2020, by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org). Online interview of shortlisted candidates will be conducted.. The applicant must also provide addresses (including E-mail Ids) of referees (at least two) who can be contacted.
Dr. B. Bhattacharya
Department of Mechanical Engineering
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur - 16
Note:- The selection will be based on Zoom / Skype online interview, shot listed candidates will be informed with an email about the date of interview.
Interested candidates may apply on email giving full details of qualification, experience with copies of relevant certifyicates by 15th August 2020.
It is mandatory to mention your mobile number in the application. Application (soft copy) must be sent at following email address.