Advertisement Number: P.Rect/R&D/2021/72
Applications are invited for a post of 'Senior Project Engineer' in a project entitled "Design and development of shape memory alloy-based servo type rotary actuator for building automation and controls application" Only those candidates that intend to work for the full duration of the project should apply.
Name of the Post: Senior Project Engineer
Number of Post: 01
Salary: INR 32400-2700-81000/- (Based on the candidate's suitability, additional increments will be given at the time of appointment).
Minimum Qualification: M.E./ M.Tech (> 8.5 CGPA). in Mechanical Engineering + 3 Years (Minimum) with working experience
- Having professional industrial experience in product design is preferred.
- Knowledge of Smart materials specially Shape Memory Alloy.
- Having advance knowledge of Solid Mechanics, and Multi-body dynamics.
- Profound knowledge of programming in MATLAB, will be preferred.
- Applicants with prior experience in multi-body simulations using standard software will be preferred.
- The applicant should have experience with CAD/CAM software (SOLIDWORKS, CATIA and Autodesk Inventor) and LATEX.
- Experience with corporate level Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis.
- Strong analytical, diagnostic and problem-solving skills.
- Very good communication skills and strong ability to interact with team members and customers.
- Ability to understand and break down real world problems into solvable modeling objectives.
- Good balance between technical depth and breadth (i.e. flexible and adaptable to multiple technology areas).
- Good publications track record.
Interested candidates may send their soft copy application including the details of complete professional academic record (attach copies of certificates) and work experience to the undersigned on or before 11 June 2021 by e-mail or in person to Dr. B. Bhattacharya (firstname.lastname@example.org). Candidates are also requested to fill the following google form https://forms.gle/7EY61xAPnq4V7UF27
The selection will be based on Zoom/Skype online interview. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
Dr. B. Bhattacharya
Department of Mechanical Engineering
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur - 208016