Advertisement Number: P.Rect./R&D/2022/024
Applications are invited for one post of Senior Project Engineer. This position will be up to Feb 18, 2023, and purely temporary.
Job Description: The advertised position is for a Senior Project Engineer in the project entitled "Design, Development, Testing and Evaluation of a Lean-Premixed Swirl Stabilized Gas Turbine Combustor for Stationary Power Generation using High-Hydrogen-Content Fuel" funded by the Department of Science and Technology (DST). The incumbent will be responsible for numerical simulation of gas turbine combustion based on an open-source CFD solver (e.g., OpenFOAM). The task involves mesh generation, numerical simulation of gas turbine combustion, post-processing of the results, report generation, etc.
Project No. DST /ME /2020041
Post: Senior Project Engineer
Number of Post: One
Duration: One year
Salary range: 32400-2700-81000
Min Qualification: B.Tech. + M.Tech. + Ph.D. (Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering) Or M. Tech (Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering) with 3 years of experience in the relevant area.
- Knowledge of combustion, turbulent flows, gas turbine combustion
- Thorough understanding of numerical modeling of turbulent reactive flows
- Extensive expertise in using C/C++ programming
- Algorithm development in OpenFOAM and/or commercial CFD packages
- Experience in structured grid generation in complex 3D domain
- Familiarity with high-performance computing based on MPI
- Structured mesh generation in complex 3D domain
- Numerical simulations of gas turbine combustion
- Post-processing results, report preparation
Instructions to apply:
Please send your resume with documents exhibiting your relevant experiences in the field mentioned above on or before Feb 17th, 2022, to email@example.com. Please mention the following in the subject line of the email: "SPE in Numerical Combustion"
No TA/DA will be paid for the interview.
Dr. Santanu De
Department of Mechanical Engineering
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur