Advertisement Number: P.Rect./R&D/2022/164
Applications are invited for a Junior Research Fellow (JRF) to work in a SERB sponsored project "Dissipation in Solar Corona and Solar Wind: Implications from Anisotropic Magnetohydrodynamic Turbulence" at the Department of Physics, Indian Institute of Technology - Kanpur.
Position: Junior Research Fellow (JRF) (01 post)
Salary: Rs. 31000/- per month + HRA (as per institute norms)
Duration of Appointment:
- The appointment for the above posts initially will be for 1 year, which will be extended with mutual consent If performance of the candidate is good.
- The post is purely temporary and on a contractual basis.
- M.Sc in Physics / Mathematics with NET / GATE qualification OR B.E / B.Tech / M.Tech in Mechanical / Aerospace / Chemical / Computer Science Engineering with NET/GATE qualification.
- The candidate should have a good background in Fluid Mechanics and Computational Fluid Dynamics.
- The candidate should have experience in Linux , and python, and C++ programming.
- The candidate should have good knowledge of Magnetohydrodynamics (MHD) and Parallel Programming.
- The interested candidates are requested to submit their application with curriculum vitae containing information regarding their degrees, work experience, and copies of M.Sc / B.Tech / BE/ M.Tech (if applicable) degree certificates in a single zip/PDF file by email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- The email should contain the subject: "Application for the post of JRF (SERB)". Applications that do not follow the above procedure will not be considered for interview.
- Hard copy of the application is NOT required at this stage.
- Applications who do not meet the minimum qualification and the work experience will not be called for the interview.
- The department reserves the right to fix suitable criteria for short listing of eligible candidates satisfying qualifications and experience. Only short-listed candidates will accordingly be called for interview.
Interview and selection:
- The selection will be based on ZOOM online Interview.
- Short listed candidates will be informed with an email about the date of interview.
Last date for applying: 08th July 2022. *Extended till 18 July, 2022.
Address for communication:
Prof. Mahendra K. Verma,
Department of Physics,
FB-384, Academic Area,
IIT Kanpur - 208016