Advertisement Number: P.Rect./R&D/2020/215
Applications are invited for temporary or contractual post of Project Assistant under the project entitled "Centre for Excellence of Large Area of Flexible Electronics" at Samtel Centre for Display Technologies (SCDT), IIT Kanpur funded by DeitY (MCIT) New Delhi.
Minimum Qualification: Graduate (B.Sc./B.COM/BA/BCA and BBA)
- The candidate should have at least one year experience working and helping out in an IT in an academic setting with a favourable track-record from former employers.
- Demonstrable evidence of satisfying job descriptions given below will be preferred.
- He/she should be maintaining servers and Installs software and repairs hardware and peripherals;
- Candidates with some science background or exposure to IT subjects over and above the minimum qualification will be considered favourably.
- Provides assistance in the use of personal computer hardware, software, and specialized mainframe technology or operates a multi-platform computer environment or monitors the production scheduling, execution, and successful completion of production jobs;
- Sets up and configures desktop computers, peripherals and accounts assigning security level;
- Installs software and repairs hardware and peripherals; and tests programs;
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses problems, implements corrective action procedures within prescribed guidelines and/or escalates to other technical resources as appropriate;
- Maintains systems, server (Samba,Sharepoint and Silvoca) databases and administers user accounts;
- Provides basic troubleshooting, repair and maintenance for computer equipment (e.g. microcomputers, disk drives, and laser printers) and may assist with testing personal computers and peripherals on a network to diagnose, hardware versus software problems;
- Acts as a customer liaison for the computing operation, communicating, resolving, and/or initiating the resolution of problems and concerns;
- Arranges for distribution of output to customer and Maintains records;
- Contributes to unit goals by accomplishing related duties as required.
Salary: 10800-900-27000/- per month based on qualification
Duration of appointment: One year or till the end of project, whichever is earlier
No. of positions: one
Note: The selection will be based on Zoom/Skype online interview. Shortlisted candidate will be informed with an email about the date of interview.
The application should be submitted strictly online. Application will not be accepted in any other mode.
The last date for submitting online application shall be on or before 12 October, 2020
To apply for post of Project Assistant, please click here: Apply online
Room No.: 305, Samtel Centre for Display Technologies, Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
Kanpur - 208016 (India)
(Prof. Siddhartha Panda)